[9:30 a.m. ET/6:30 a.m. PT]Virtual environment is open!
Download resources on cyber, cloud, digital services, customer experience, leadership and more throughout the environment. These resources will help you solve some of your agency's biggest challenges.
[10:00 - 10:20 a.m. ET/7:00 - 7:20 a.m. PT] Opening Government Keynote: Rising to the Gov 2020 Challenge
Speaker: Louis Stewart, Chief Innovation Officer, Office of Innovation and Economic Development, City of Sacramento
2020 has put historic pressure on governments across the country to serve citizen needs in new ways. As agencies shuttered their physical doors during the COVID-19 outbreak, agencies needed to find ways to still deliver critical government services. In this opening keynote, you’ll hear how one agency uses new technologies to meet mission objectives in the time of COVID-19.
[10:30 - 11:20 a.m. ET/7:30 - 8:20 a.m. PT]Session 1: DevSecOps: The Future of Software Development and Delivery Session attendees can earn one CPE
Speaker: James Harmison, Senior Solutions Architect, Red Hat
In this presentation, you'll learn about the nature of software delivery in government today and the way development teams are organized and funded. Before proposing DevSecOps as a mindset and methodology, governments should explore the history of development, operations and security models. By taking a look at where this movement comes from, what it means to those who started it, and where it is heading, agencies can use lessons already learned by others and apply them to their own processes.
[11:30 a.m. - 12:20 p.m ET/8:30 - 9:20 a.m. PT] Session 2: How AI-Driven Analytics Are Transforming Gov Session attendees can earn one CPE
- Greg Little, Director of the Chief Financial Officer Data Transformation Office, Office of the Deputy Chief Financial Officer, Office of the Under Secretary of Defense (Comptroller)
- Monica McEwen, Vice President Public Sector, ThoughtSpot
- Ron Ziegler, Vice President Public Sector, Trifacta
The Presidential Management Agenda and the Cross-Agency Priority Goals featured clear guidance for using, optimizing and modernizing with artificial intelligence (AI) driving analytics. What are AI-driven analytics? And how are they able to help the government transform? In this engaging session, you will hear from government and industry experts, about how agencies use analytics as a true strategic assist.
Specifically, you’ll learn:
- How agencies are leveraging the increasing volume, variety, and importance of data as a strategic asset.
- To shift from low-value to high-value work, increasing efficiency and lowering cost.
- How to equip the 21st-century government workforce, from executives to front-line workers, to instantly analyze vast amounts of data to make informed decisions.
[12:30 - 1:20 p.m. ET /9:30 - 10:20 a.m. PT] Session 3: Fearless, Secure and Compliant: Optimizing the Cloud Session attendees can earn one CPE
The cloud allows your agency to capitalize on efficiency, agility, and flexibility to transform operations – even within highly secure and regulated environments. Successful migration is the goal for government agencies looking to transition to, and optimize within, the cloud.
Fearless migration to the cloud includes a continuous security and compliance strategy that bakes these elements into overall cloud maintenance and operations. In this engaging panel discussion with government and industry experts, you’ll hear how agencies are using automation tools to securely audit and manage resources in the cloud.
Specifically, you’ll learn:
- How fearless migration empowers government agencies to adopt cloud technologies.
- The benefits of using automation tools to audit, maintain, and effectively operate in the cloud/
- Examples of how cloud managed service providers can help automate operation models to achieve continuous compliance.
- Methods for producing efficiencies and providing mission-driven, high-quality experience for end users.